What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Repairing electronic power equipment to component level
- Calibrating electronic power equipment
- Assisting in the administration of the service and calibration department
- Visiting customers to carry out calibrations
- Assisting customers with technical problems
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- BEng Electronic and Electrical Engineering Degree
- Once fully qualified, there will be opportunity to continue in employment, earning circa £40k pa
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Non judgemental, Patience, Focussed, Proactive, Reliable Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 6+) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Physics (Grade 6+) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Combined Science (Grade 6+) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4+) Desired
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade E+) Essential
A Level or equivalent Physics (Grade E+) Essential Things to consider
A minimum of 5 GCSEs and 1 A Level is sought including GCSE Physics or Combined Science and A Level Maths or Physics. Applicants must have the right to work in the UK. The successful applicant will need to be able to drive to visit customers and to attend University one day a week.