What will the apprentice be doing?
Your key tasks and responsibilities:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Prepare analysis and make postings using the firm's accounting software and to produce straightforward draft financial statements in statutory format using the firm's accounting software
- Completing disclosure checklists for companies preparing accounts under UK GAAP
- Preparing audit planning documentation for review by the supervisor and to carry out internal control, system and walkthrough tests; attend simple stock stakes
- Carrying out basic audit tests as part of a team in relation to other statutory or non-statutory audits and due diligence work
- Preparing annual returns and other documents for filing with Companies House and complete company statutory books
- Identifying basic tax adjustments arising from accounts production and audit work
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will become ACA qualified through the Level 7 Apprenticeship
- Training will be a mix across classroom courses, online live courses and self study both in your local office as well as training providers premises
- Training courses will be block release
- Progression to Audit and Accounts Senior and opportunities to forge your career all the way to Partnership within the firm
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
AS Level or equivalent All subjects excluding General Studies (Grade B,B,C) Essential