What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- To act as an Apprentice Aditor in the Charity Team, working with a wide range of not-for-profit organisations
- Carry out all audit work, including visiting client sites mainly in and around London and Greater London
- Keep Seniors, Managers and Partners informed of the progress of the team's jobs
- Budget for your time and keep costs within budget wherever possible
- For smaller assignments, plan and complete the audit file as per the Audit Completion Checklist
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will study towards the ACA qualification over 39 months under a Level 7 Accountancy or taxation professional apprenticeship standard, building not only on your technical skills, but also on your personal and professional development
- Training consists of a combination of courses at the tutors' offices, private study and regular exams, as well as on-the-job training. You will have paid study leave to support you in the run up to exams and all course and exam fees are paid for
- We go above and beyond for our clients, but also for you. We have a genuine commitment to your development, offering you a closely supported and structured programme of tuition, provided by a top firm of external tutors
- Internally, you'll be supported by a manager who will act as your mentor, a buddy, partners, senior staff and a dedicated Training and Development Coordinator.
As you progress through your training you will receive incremental salary increases as you hit various milestones in your qualification.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade Level 5/B) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Level 5/B) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade 120 UCAS points) Essential
Other Degree in any discipline (Grade 2:1) Essential