What will the apprentice be doing?
During your first two years you will:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work with various clients, building a strong understanding of their business
- Learn how to prepare professional audit documents in line with our audit methodology using audit software and systems
- Develop a thorough understanding of financial statements; and
- Be able to obtain relevant information from clients whilst building effective rapport with clients
Accountancy or Taxation Professional Level 7 Apprenticeship Standard:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- We will fund your study towards the AAT qualification
- Upon successful completion of this you will move onto study towards your ACA qualification
- You will receive a full study package to ensure that you successfully complete your professional qualification. This includes time off to study, attend college and complete online courses
- Your professional qualification is only part of the story at Mazars; we support all our trainees with a blended approach to training and development including classroom study, 1:1 coaching, and soft skills training
- You will be supported by an appraising manager to keep your career and aspirations on track
- You will also be allocated a buddy, who will support you to settle into the team and navigate your first year at Mazars
- In your final year you will be expected to take on significantly more responsibility
- Depending on the client, this may involve taking the lead on a technical area or a team and ensuring the entire audit file is completed
- This will include a combination of working to stated deadlines, managing the work of junior members, taking responsibility for the budget, and presenting in both team and client meetings
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Any subject (Grade n/a) Essential Things to consider
n/a - please check out our website for further details of the role: https://jobs.mazars.co.uk/jobs/vacancy/audit-school-leaver-public--social-sectors---september-2023-1883-nottingham/1901/description/