What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Your time will be split in periods between Firmware Development, Electronics Development and to a lesser extent, Electronics Manufacturing
- You will be tasked with completing development projects that will increase in complexity as your skills and knowledge improve
- You will be able to train on the job through continued interaction with the Senior Engineers and online resources
- You will also be asked from time to time to assist with simpler supporting tasks to the engineering team, such as wiring or soldering
For the first 3 years the Apprentice will spend 1 day a week attending East Surry College in Redhill. For the fourth year, 1 day a week will be spent at Portsmouth University
Upon successful completion, apprentices will be awarded:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- HNC in Electrical and Electronic Engineering (year 1)
- HND in Embedded Systems (year 2 & 3)
- BEng (Hons) Electronic Engineering (year 4)
- You will finish a fully qualified and skilled engineer having worked worked with a very experianced team of colleagues
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Maths and/or Science (Grade C or above) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade Merit or above) Desired
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Engineering (Grade Merit or above) Desired