What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Media activity to include issuing press releases, including selling in, building media lists etc as well as logging coverage
- To spot key opportunities within the media and highlight them to Account Executives, Account Managers, and Directors
- Identifying bloggers and working with them on specific accounts including arranging their contracts, issuing products, following through to point of activity, and evaluating the success / reach
- To provide support to the account team to help ensure the smooth running of social media accounts as identified and to support the achieving of targets i.e. followers, engagement with influencers etc.
- To monitor the named social media accounts and news feeds to ensure maximum engagement and to highlight potential issues as they arise - in conjunction with the relevant Account Manager
- To provide support as required - ranging from research for new business to office admin
- To provide support to ensure that campaigns are evaluated successfully, and results reported back to clients in a suitable manor
- To work within target hours to ensure that accounts are not over-serviced and to prioritise personal workloads
- To provide office admin support as required such as stationary ordering and general filing
Level 4 Public Relations and Communications Standard, which includes:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 2 functional skills in maths and English (if required)
End-Point Assessment (EPA)
- Our delivery model is monthly Tutor-led 1-day seminars remotely
- Upon completing the apprenticeship will be eligible to apply for membership in the Public Relations and Communications Association (PRCA) and will gain a level 4 apprenticeship
Working towards becoming an Account Executive / Senior Account Executive / Junior Account Manager / Account Manager (and beyond).
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Administrative skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 4-8 or A-C) Essential Things to consider
25 -days holiday Workplace pension scheme Work Laptop