What will the apprentice be doing?
The role will work in collaboration with the other members of the Quality Team to maintain and support the site's quality certification.
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Coordinate the review of the Quality Management System (QMS), processes, procedure and requirements to ensure the organisation's compliance
- Coordinate the site's QMS audit activity including the scheduling, planning and documenting of any nonconformances
- Generate performance metrics to support continuous improvement
- Prepare corrective action data for review
- Support the Quality Manager in the preparation of Management Review
Throughout your Apprenticeship you will work alongside your Training Consultant to develop the knowledge, skills, and behaviours you need to meet the requirements of the Standard. To ensure you are making progress your consultant will provide continuous assessment and provide you with regular feedback. On completion of your formal training, you will demonstrate what you have learnt through a professional discussion underpinned by a portfolio of evidence and a presentation with questions and answers based on a work-based project you will have undertaken during the last 6 months of your Apprenticeship.
Quality practitioner Level 4What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As well as gaining a nationally recognised qualification and having the opportunity to take the first steps in your career, after completing your qualification, we may consider the successful candidate to join the team on a permanent basis.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade A*-C) Essential