What will the apprentice be doing?
We are currently recruiting for motivated and enthusiastic individuals to join our hugely successful international road logistics team in Milton Keynes as a Sales Apprentice. This is an exciting opportunity to join one of the world's leading logistics and freight forwarding companies and will help you to gain an insight into the industry and help you to forge a career in sales.
As part of our Road Sales team you'll be liaising with all relevant parties to ensure that our customer expectations are met/exceeded during the movement of their goods across Europe. You'll be in communication with a variety of people and using IT systems to process requirements from customers and overseas agents. It's a varied role and your training will equip you to be involved in problem solving, finance tracking and supporting the account managers with their day to day duties.
Our Road Logistics Sales Apprenticeship is a 2 year programme, combining practical on-the-job training with study towards the Level 2 Customer Service certificate followed by the Level 4 Sales Executive apprenticeship. You will work within a successful Sales team while learning everything you need to know to be a top sales performer whilst supported by your peers, your managers, and the apprenticeship team within Kuehne+Nagel.
You apprenticeship will include:
- Face to face workshops
- 1:1 meetings with your personal tutor every month
- On the job training to enable you to put into practice the skills you are learning
In the first part of your apprenticeship you will focus on getting to grips with delivering excellent customer service, and in the second part you will build on this foundation to develop specialist Sales skills - you may even be given your own Customer Service or Sales Account to manage! Beyond this, there is an opportunity for successful apprentices to secure a full time position and promotion into a Freight Account Manager role, as well as achieving bonuses and pay rises connected to the apprenticeship programme.
You'll be learning how to:
- Efficiently process bookings from clients and overseas agents on to the system.
- Provide operational support for the Freight Account Managers when required.
- Liaise with all relevant parties throughout the shipment to organise the movement of goods
- Deal with any issues that may arise during a shipment and ensure the client and/or Freight Account Manager is updated
- Process sales and purchase invoices of the branch
- When deemed necessary, aiding in the completion of other departmental work to ensure efficiency and
effectiveness of the department as a whole to ensure customer service, internal or external, is continually maintained
- Your Skills and Experiences
Five GCSEs at grades 3 - 9 / A*-D (including Maths & English)
- Excellent Customer Service skills
- Have a strong attention to detail and accuracy
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills
- Strong organisational skills with the ability to manage conflicting priorities
Apprenticeship Contract: 25th Sept 2023 - 19th Sept 2025
Working hours: Monday - Friday 09.00am - 17.15pm Office based
Recruitment Process: Applications will be reviewed on a rolling basis. Shortlisted candidates will be invited to an interview onsite.What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
Level 4 Sales Executive apprenticeship standard, which includes:
- Level 1/2 Functional Skills in maths and English (if required)
- End-Point Assessment (EPA)
This apprenticeship will be deliveredin the workplace.You will have adedicated assessor who will provide guidance and monitor progress throughout.You will have access to an online portfolio to allow you to monitor your progress and log work completed.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A role in a successful, dynamic company
- Be a part of a strong team of performance driven colleagues
- Great future career prospects for advancement
- A professional working environment
Good Reasons to Join
We're looking at our Road Sales apprentices to be Kuehne + Nagel's future Sales Leaders. We will expect you to work hard and be eager to learn, but the opportunities are endless for those who do. Our programme is designed to teach you all the technical skills and techniques that you need to be successful within a Sales role, and so we are simply looking for someone who wants to grasp this opportunity. If you're a confident, driven individual looking to train in a fast paced role in a lively environment, you'd be a great fit for this scheme! You will be joining an amazing group of apprentices and can look forward to a competitive starting salary, attractive benefits and an Apprentice NUS discount card. Your starting salary will be £15,500 in year one with an increase after 12 months and there's also a great bonus on offer once you have fully completed your apprenticeship. You will be supported throughout by a network of mentors, line managers and previous apprentices to help you achieve your qualifications and progress along your apprenticeship journey.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade 3 - 9 / A*-D) Essential