What will the apprentice be doing?
- The apprentice will initially be working alongside the Airport Systems Development Manager to support in the evaluation of both present and future company needs for the Airport's Operational Systems (systems relating to the handling of and service delivery to air traffic movements and those which interface with them)
- As the Apprentice develops and expands their experience, they will be expected to co-lead these activities
- Assist in the planning and roll out of training for the ongoing improvements and new implementation of airport Operational Software
- Initially, the Apprentice will take on a supporting role in managing the development of said systems, but will work towards a more leading role with the final aim of being able to manage, with support, the end-to-end project implementation of new software/changes
Complete the system administration of Airport Operational Systems, including:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Maintaining application support processes
- Developing workflow plans/technical specification road maps
- Diagnosing, resolving and recommending improvements to address hardware and software issues
- Liaising with third party vendors on improvements and resolution of issues
- Ensuring products comply with applicable regulations and legislation, including Data Privacy and Cyber Security
- Work toward becoming a Subject Matter Expert (SME) for Airport Operational Systems
- Support in evaluating and streamlining Airport Operations data flows
- Keep up to date with the latest airport IT technologies
- Continuously gain knowledge of Cyber Security and current best practices to apply to existing and future developmental projects
- Level 4 Applications Support Lead Apprenticeship Standard
- During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with LearnTech, delivered through combined weekly remote classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning working towards completing the Level 4 Applications Support Lead standard
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/applications-support-lead-v1-0What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The successful apprentice could be employed on a fixed-term contract for 2 years
- There may be a possibility of progressing to a higher-level apprenticeship or full-time role
- During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with LearnTech, delivered through combined classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning, at the end of which you will gain a level 4 Applications Support Lead qualification
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Presentation skills, Analytical skills, Initiative, Full clean UK driving licence, Accuracy and professionalism, Multi-tasking, Willing and engaging attitude, Keen to develop professionally, Project experience, 1 year IT work experience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English Language (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Computer Science/ICT (Grade C) Desired Things to consider
You must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the role: have been a UK/EEA resident for the last 3 years, hold valid residency status, have the right to work in the UK. The Company is an Equal Opportunities employer and the successful candidate will be selected on the basis of merit and aptitude. This role also requires 3 GCSEs grade A* - C (9 - 4) or equivalent in any subject, in addition to the GCSE in mathematics and English listed. A driving licence is required so that the apprentice can travel across the airport to visit different stakeholders, using a pool car. Benefits include: 25 days holiday per annum (pro-rata), pension scheme with enhanced employer contributions, life assurance, company sick pay scheme and access to medical plan, electric vehicle scheme (after 9 months of employment), sustainable travel scheme, cycle to work scheme, discounts at affiliated hotel/pub.