What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Appraise a damaged vehicle and identify and record damage, including impact zone and severity
- Identify non-accident-related damage to vehicle
- Make use of manual and digital image technology to record areas of identified damage
- Accurately record data from the vehicle e.g, mileage, model, make, etc.
- Identify and evaluate condition of safety related systems
- Access industry vehicle repair methods and apply them appropriately
- Differentiate between repair over replacement of components
- Apply accurate opinion times for method and duration of repair
- Assess the cost and duration of a repair
- Discuss damage and repairs with vehicle owners, insurance companies, staff and managers.
- Listen to views, opinions and feedback while responding to concerns and negotiating using evidence-based reasoning
- Assess the current market value of vehicles using approved manufactures guides
- Obtain authorisation from the client to proceed with repairs to a vehicle while confirming costs
- Interpret and accurately apply estimating and business software
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The qualification is IMI Vehicle Damage Assessor Level 4(HNC)
- The off the job training is carried out by Thatcham academy via 8 one week blocks at Thatcham Research - Newbury Berkshire
- Travel and accommodation(D.B.B) is arranged by Apollo Motor Group
- Apprentices without level 2 English and maths will need to achieve this level prior to taking theEnd-Point Assessment
- Fully qualified VDA position
- Possible flexibility of VDA group support role
- Gateway to future assistant or full management roles within our group
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Mathematics (Grade 4/C or above) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 2 or equivalent Motor vehicle (Grade Pass) Essential
Other Motor vehicle experience (Grade minimum 2 years) Essential