What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Learn all basic transformer design parameters, construction and accessories (fitted onto the transformer).
- Spend time in production/shop floor areas to understand how transformers are assembled and tested.
- Learn the full project cycle from customer enquiry to end delivery. This incudes involvement in and understanding of, tendering, supply chain, project management, quality and production aspects.
- Preparation of tender design of transformers, transformer layout.
- Use AutoCAD software for generating the general arrangement of the transformer, up to 132kv and 120MVA.
- Capture customer transformer design requirements using BRUSH software.
- Working with customer and tendering team to provide optimised solution, therefore some level of customer interaction will be required.
- Working with engineering team on product improvement and standardisation.
- Level 4 Engineering EPNE Apprenticeship Standard
- Level 4 Higher National Certificate in Engineering (pathway to be chosen)
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Attendance at college will be required, for example one day per week, term time only.
Potential progression into roles including Electrical/Mechanical/Controls Engineer, Senior Engineer or Engineering Team Leader.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 subjects including Maths, English and Science (Grade C / 4 or equivalent) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Level 3) (Grade Pass/ Achieved) Essential Things to consider
Additional training to take place at Loughborough College to develop knowledge, skills, and behaviours in accordance to this Apprenticeship. Please ensure you are able to travel before applying. Loughborough College reserves the right to withdraw this vacancy before the end date, following consultation with the employer.