What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Your duties will include leading the nursery team in providing a friendly, caring and relaxing environment in order to encourage and develop children in our care
- To ensure all daily routines are adhered to
- To settle in new children and provide on-going support, under a key worker system, liaising with parents and maintaining good communications
- To assist in maintaining a safe, clean and tidy environment
- To keep abreast of current issues and attend training as necessary
- Ensure all policies and procedures are adhered to and implemented in the setting
- To respect confidentiality within the setting
- To communicate with parents and other visitors in a calm, friendly and efficient manner
- To take reasonable care of yourself and others
- You will also be expected to undertake other reasonable duties as requested by senior staff
Your apprenticeship will be delivered by Brighter Horizons Training. As part of this you will be supported with upskilling in English and Maths if you do not already have a GCSE grade 4/C or above. Following successful End Point Assessment, you will be awarded the Level 5 Early Years Lead Practitioner Apprenticeship.
Delivery will be through on-line zoom virtual sessions every 4-6 weeks and you will have regular support from your assessor to get you ready for your End Point Assessment.
Upskilling classes for English and Maths are also delivered through zoom.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
We support and encourage training and development opportunities, whether that means growing within your current role or taking on additional responsibilities.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Patience, Physical fitness, natural affinity with children, self-motivated, professional Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 2/E) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2/E) Essential