What will the apprentice be doing?
In your new role as a design engineer you will be:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Producing drawings and specifications using sophisticated 3D computer software and engineering calculation procedures
- Involved in all stages of projects
- Representing CPW at project meetings
- Site management of contractors and installations in terms of compliance with design
- Liaison with the other design department members such as architects
- Working closely with others, in a team environment, to achieve a common goal
You will achieve a Level 4 HNC in Building Services Engineering and will study, online, one day per week.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
You will be able to progress from a Level 4 on to a Level 6/Degree Apprenticeship Course or continue as a Design Engineer, if desired.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 5/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Grade 5/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Graphic Design (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C) Desired
A Level or equivalent Physics (Grade C) Desired