What will the apprentice be doing?
We are focused on the development of our people and as an apprentice this would be no different. This role has both on and off the job training leading to achieving initially the Level 4 Investment Operations Specialist apprenticeship with the opportunity to study further and the potential to one day become a CFA Charterholder. The Investment Advisory Team is focused on delivering proactive and strategic advice through the production of insightful, independent and investment research.
Duties will include:
- Working in a client team to assist in the delivery of client advice, ranging from the appropriate investment strategy, to implementation of the chosen strategy
- Setting-up our asset liability and allocation models to better understand the client's range of potential future outcomes
- Preparing investment monitoring reports for our clients
- Asset class research; evaluating investment cases and current market pricing for asset classes - from traditional equities to alternatives such as direct lending
- Researching fund managers and fiduciary managers
- Presenting your investment analysis and recommendations to the rest of the team and to clients
Who are we looking for:
- Our success stems from the quality of our team. We have an entrepreneurial atmosphere that offers the opportunity for every member to influence the shape and future development of the team. So, as well as financial acumen, we look for people who are articulate with strong communication skills
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- London, Birmingham, Bristol, and Leeds
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- As an Investment Operations Apprentice with BPP, you will complete the Investment Operations Specialist Level 4 Higher Apprenticeship
- Following the programme, you will retain a full time position within the business, where you will continue to progress, learn and develop into senior positions
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths and English (Grade C or 4 and above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Any (Grade Pass and above) Essential