What will the apprentice be doing?
As part of the engineering team you will be working in various roles throughout your apprenticeship, typically including:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Supporting customers either via phone or using online tools
- Putting together a solution for the customer using selection software and working with more experienced colleagues
- Configuring or programming
- Liaising with our suppliers on technical level
- Electrical panel design build/test
- Software writing and testing
- Test and design electrical/mechanical sub assemblies
Level 4 Engineering Apprenticeship - https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/engineering-manufacturing-technician-v1-0
Training to take place one day per week at NSCG: Newcastle-under-Lyme College, ST5 2GBWhat is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- A permanent position will typically be offered to successful candidates upon completion of their apprenticeship
- Potential to progress on to a higher-level qualifications (Level 5 or 6)
- The potential opportunity to progress on to more senior engineering roles within the business
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Problem solving skills, Creative, Practical, Enthusiastic, Reliable Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering Extended Diploma (Grade Pass) Essential