What will the apprentice be doing?
Your day-to-day responsibilities as a Residential Children's Support Worker will include, but not be limited to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Being familiar with all policies and procedures and adhering to them
- To work alongside management team to ensure the service's existing workforce and resources, as well as to promote and safeguard the welfare of the young people in our care.
- Direct work with young people, key working and generally taking an active part in providing support on a shift work basis.
- To keep the homely, friendly culture and environment of the homes.
- Attending to practical matters in relation to childcare (cooking, cleaning, general maintenance around the home etc).
- Complete duties on Mentor, as well as to ensure that daily logs and handover are completed.
- To assist managers in achieving the Statement of Purpose's goals and objectives.
- Assist the Team Leaders in developing goals and progress charts for each young person
- Administrative work and record keeping.
Paragon Skills is a leading national Apprenticeship training provider, supporting over 4,000 learners and 1,500 organisations. Paragon Skills has some of the highest success and achievement rates in the industry. It has an Ofsted Grade 2 Good rating and an overall achievement rate of 71.4%, exceeding the national average of 65.6%. Using a blended approach, learners are always at the forefront of our priorities. All learners are assigned a Personal Tutor who will be their main point of contact. This involves regular catch-ups, check-in emails and calls. Your employer will agree to give you 20% of your working hours solely towards your study. This will give you every chance to achieve the highest grade possible! On completion of this 24-month apprenticeship you will have gained a Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner qualification.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Unity Residential Care have plans to open several homes all over the UK and potentially overseas which will provide staff with many career development opportunities. We would like to train and develop our staff to become our managers of the future.
We will be needing Team Leaders, Assistant Managers, Deputy Managers and Registered Managers.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Desired