What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Lead on-site recruitment campaigns, onboarding new starters,
including producing offer letters and contracts, requesting references
- Carrying out/monitoring inductions, completing all starter forms and right to work checks whilst liaising with IT/Payroll/Managers
- Process leaver details, exit interviews and record data
- Monitor probationary periods and produce letters as required
- Monitor employees holiday entitlement and usage
- Be the first point of contact for any HR related queries
- Produce HR related letters as required
- Liaise with payroll to update any changes to employees terms and conditions/personal details
- Managing existing HR records and maintaining accurate and up to date employee data
- Producing reports as required
- Liaise with managers to organise and book training
- Organise company events
- Assist with updating policies and procedures as required
- Supporting the Operations Manager with the creation of Job
Description's, role expectations and market rate reviews on salaries
- Support day to day administrative tasks within HR and Operations and assist with ad hoc projects
- To attend meetings as note taker and to type up any meeting notes as required
- Any other duties as required by the line manager/HR Manager
The apprentice will be working towards the HR Consultant/Partner Level 5 apprenticeship standard.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The apprentice will complete CIPD qualification Level 5
- Associate Diploma in People Management
- College Attendance will be at the Colchester Istitute (Colchester Campus) once per month
This is a new role at Boddingtons Electrical Ltd so there is opportunity to grow within the team and take on extra responsibility as the business expands. This is a new role at Boddingtons Electrical Ltd so there is opportunity to grow within the team and take on extra responsibility as the business expands.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent French Language (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4) Desired Things to consider
Pension scheme. Discretionary bonus scheme. Secure on-site parking. Company sick pay after 1 years' service. Employee discount scheme.