What will the apprentice be doing?
The individual will be given comprehensive training in all aspects of the business and will be supported throughout their training period.
Once working in project coordination full time, the individual will be responsible for running projects successfully, supplying the highest quality products on time, while providing our customers with great customer service.
Key characteristics of the individual are:
- Attention to detail. The projects have a high technical element to them to enable us to guide our customers and ensure compliance.
- Clear and timely communication. Both internal and external stakeholders require clear communications in order for successful project delivery.
- Developing and meeting delivery plans. The project coordinator will need to manage their own time in order to deliver projects on time and to budget.
- Risk management. Identify high risk areas for the Cost, Quality and Delivery of projects and provide mitigation actions to prevent adverse impacts.
Once the apprentice has completed gaining experience of the whole business and in the Project Coordination department they will be expected to:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work with the customer to develop a delivery plan.
- Keep the customer up to date as the project progresses.
- Convert the customers design requirements into a compliant and workable specification.
- Highlight any specification, delivery or business risks and develop plans to minimise impacts.
- Create manufacturing instructions using the system for the production team.
- See and monitor the project into production through to delivery to customer.
- Ensure customer supplied materials are logged and kept safely for return at the end of the project.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The apprentice will be working towards the Associate Project Manager Level 4 apprenticeship standard.
- Qualifications include: Association for Project Management Level 4 Project Management Qualification
- Apprentices will need to attend college at Colchester Institute twice a month for the first 6 months and then once every 3 months for the remaining duration of the programme.
This apprenticeship will see the employee gaining experience across multiple disciplines and departments across the business and as such, this role opens career opportunities in multiple different business disciplines from project management and leadership, to technical and quality roles.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Team working, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent maths and English (Grade 9-5/A*-C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent design and technology (Grade 9-5/A*-C) Desired Things to consider
The role is largely a desk-based role, however the introduction is across multiples departments including production, and therefore there is an expectation of some hands on work within a factory environment. There are instances of infrequent UK travel to meet with clients, which may involve staying overnight dependant on location. Once probationary period is successfully completed employees are entitled to join the pension, Employee Assistance Programme, private healthcare and employee discounts schemes and the all-important Christmas Turkey that is given to all of our employees each year! Holiday entitlement of 20 days per year, plus bank holidays and Christmas to new year break (determined annually).