What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Design, fabricate & install new production equipment in sheet metal, paint & assembly.
- To support new equipment installations.
- To support new product introductions ensuring they have the equipment and processes to achieve the
- To carry out risk assessments on new processes, ensuring they are safe to be carried out.
- To order materials and tools for jigs and fixtures needed for the above.
- To work with production to improve the methods of material flow through the factory.
- Identify continuous improvement activities and implement the actions.
- This is a full, 4-year Level 4 Engineering Manufacturing Technician Apprenticeship programme run in conjunction with City College Plymouth.
- You will attend College once a week.
- This apprenticeship incorporates a Mechnical Engineering HNC within the studies
For further information on this apprenticeship please visit the webpage below:
https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/engineering-manufacturing-technician-v1-1What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The apprenticeship programme has been designed to provide candidates with comprehensive training in mechanical and manufacturing engineering to aid the business across a broad spectrum of plant and equipment in a Sheet Metal production faculty.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade C/4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 5/6 (B)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Science (Core) (Grade 4/5 (C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Technology (Grade 4/5 (C)) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Engineering (Grade Level 3) Essential Things to consider
We welcome applications from those who have the following: - a level 3 qualification in Engineering - an A Level at grade C or above in maths or science - T Level pass in an appropriate subject area