What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will learn about areas such as process design and food science in the context of food safety legislation and quality standards
- This technical role focuses on the key business areas of food safety and product quality and will involve working alongside other departments to ensure that all manufacturing is done correctly, safely and to a high standard of quality
- You will attain a nationally recognised qualification
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 Process Leader Apprenticeship Standard
- This will be complimented by internal training delivered by your site as well as team building and a soft skills development training programme
- At the end of your programme, if you have successfully completed your apprenticeship and achieved the performance targets, we have set for you, you are guaranteed a permanent role with us
- Future career aspirations could include Senior Process Technologist, Quality Manager and Technical Manager to name a few
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Administrative skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A* - C or 9 - 4) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A* - C or 9 - 4) Essential
A Level or equivalent Science or Food Technology (Grade A - C) Desired