What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Delivering work to give the best customer experience
- Developing new functionality for the site
- Write efficient, reusable and documented code
- Optimize website performance, security and scalability
- Ability to help define technical and architectural design requirements
- Keeping on top of modern technologies and implementing them where applicable
This Level 4 Software Developer apprenticeship teaches advanced programming concepts alongside essential practical skills. Throughout the programme, you'll learn to design effective solutions, deploy high quality code, and project manage development activity.
With our curriculum, you'll evolve from simple coding to working on a larger scale: learning to create complex code, develop reusable solutions, and take on a leading role within your team.
You will complete the following modules:
- Course 1: Planning & managing software Development projects
- Course 2: Advanced Software Design
- Course 3: Advanced programming
- Course 4: Database software services
- Course 5: Advanced software testing
Learn by doing with our technical training. You'll put theory into practice with hands-on activities and expert demonstrations in eight 2-day SMART Classroom sessions. Unlike traditional education, our apprenticeship training doesn't simply teach for the test. Our exam-free programme and project-led approach gives you the skills you need to thrive in your career.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Upon completion of the apprenticeship, you may be offered a full-time position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential Things to consider
30 days annual leave including Bank Holidays. Flexibility in working hours. Enhanced maternity & parental leave. Excellent training & development opportunities, including the use of online learning platforms. 24/7 access to BUPA Counsellors. Team building experiences including run club, CrossFit sessions & annual team building workshops. Cycle Scheme: including e-bikes & accessories. Generous staff discount on products. Eligibility to join the companies contributory pension scheme following the successful completion of your probationary period. Death in service, four times your annual salary to be paid to your next of kin.