What will the apprentice be doing?
You will be working betwwen two locations: Rose Cottage, Marwood, Barnard Castle, Dl12 8QW or The Cottage, Staindrop, Darlington, DL2 3LZ.
- To assist in the provision of a safe and homely environment both individually and as part of a team to help young people with emotional and behavioural difficulties achieve their full potential by strengthening areas of weakness and developing areas of strength
- Staff will be given their own responsibilities within the home depending on the strengths of the Residential Care Worker Apprentice
- The ability to maintain confidentiality of client information is also important
- To help achieve the outlined outcomes for each young person as detailed in their care plan and as agreed with the manager
- To work with the young person with the planning for now, in the future and for when leaving care
- To promote every young person's rights, safeguarding their welfare and providing good quality care
- Protect young people from harm and enable them to keep themselves safe
- To promote the practice of working in partnership with young people, their families, social workers and other service providers in order to meet the needs of the young people
Professional & Good Practice:
- Make sure that all your work is in keeping with company policies and procedures, legislation and good practice
- All staff must be accountable for their own tasks and responsibilities
- To communicate fully and professionally with your colleagues and to be full team player
- To ensure all paperwork and documentation is completed to a high standard as per your roles and responsibilities
Equal Opportunities & Anti-Discriminatory practice:
- To promote and implement Duty of Care Ltd Equal opportunities Policy and Anti-Discriminatory practice
- As an organisation we are committed to promoting a just society that gives everyone an equal chance to learn, work and live free from discrimination and prejudice
Continuous professional development:
- To complete continuous professional development throughout your time at Duty of Care
Health & Safety:
- To follow the health and safety policies and procedures and notify management if you have any concerns regarding this
- Where needed action must be taken to safeguard everyone involved with Duty of Care Ltd
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- All staff will be given additional responsibilities depending on their strengths and what areas they wish to progress within the home
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 4 Children, Young People and Families Practitioner (incorporating Level 3 Diploma for Residential Childcare)
- Training delivered in the workplace
- Excellent training programme with a full time position available on successful completion of the apprenticeship
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English and maths (Grade 4-9 (A*-C) or equivalent) Essential
NVQ or SVQ Level 3 or equivalent Children and Young People's Workforce (Grade Pass/or willing to complete) Desired
Other Social Work (Grade Degree or Diploma) Desired
Other Youth Worker (Grade Degree or Diploma) Desired Things to consider
All staff will need to hold a full UK driving licence and have access to a vehicle due to the job role and the location. Candidates must be over 23 years of age due to company policy and the nature of the job role. You will be expected to work shifts - 24 hour shifts including sleep overs.