About the apprenticeship
• College attendance/meeting with training provider and completing assignments on time
• To attend team meetings and participate in sharing ideas
• Under supervision provide all aspects of care for children including washing, changing and feeding
• To assist with meeting the personal, social and emotional needs of individual children
• To provide adult interaction with children in the nursery
• To attend all training relevant to the role and deemed appropriate by the manager/training provider
• To be aware of the nursery's confidentiality policy and all other policies the manager deems appropriate
• Team work
• Support all staff and engage in a good staff team.
Little Steps has a history of recruiting staff at school leaver level and training staff on the job in all areas of childcare including extra administrative duties.
• To be respectful and work within the ethos and standards of Little Steps
• To be able to listen and learn
• Contribute to good standards of safety, hygiene and cleanliness in the nursery
• Look upon the nursery as a “whole”. Where can your help be most utilised? Be constantly aware of the needs of children
• To have respect for confidentiality of all information received
• To ensure the provision of a high-quality environment to meet the needs of all individual children
• To be able to develop and maintain strong partnerships and communications with parents/carers to facilitate day-to-day caring and early learning needs
Character is considered to be of greater value than academic competencies at this point. Little Steps can provide basic skills support whilst training well suited team members.
Welsh Spoken Skills: No Welsh Written Skills: No
Neath Port Talbot College (Skills Academy Wales)
Training provider course:
CCLD Childcare Level 2
About the employer
Little Steps Childcare
1 A Herbert Street
Yes, we are part of the Disability Confident Scheme from the UK Department for Work and Pensions.
Please note that all apprenticeships are open to everyone. However, some organisations have worked to achieve Disability Confident accreditation. You should always apply for the apprenticeship you feel best suited to.
On-site at Pontardawe