What will the apprentice be doing?
Every day you will work with colleagues who will help you build the skills you need to solve the complex engineering challenges we are presented with on one of our construction sites. You will receive multiple opportunities to develop personally and professionally, you will have the chance to build on your experience working on several exciting projects.
During your apprenticeship with us, you will gain experience with the day-to-day site activities and have the chance to grow your technical and behavioural skills.
You will initially be responsible for, but not limited to, the following:
- Setting out
- Quality assurance
- Health and safety management
You will also gain experience in the following areas:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Programme planning and management
- Site level design and liaison with specialist consultants
- As your apprenticeship develops you will have the opportunity to develop and progress into assistant site manager and site manager roles.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 6 Civil Engineering (degree) apprenticeship
- Full career progression as a graduate engineer then site and project manager roles.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Team working, engineering Qualifications
Other 112-128 UCAS points from 2 A levels (Grade or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
The role will be site based, this involves working outdoors and from site cabins.