What will the apprentice be doing?
IQVIA is the largest provider of biopharmaceutical development and commercial outsourcing services and a global leader in healthcare intelligence. With a global team of 67,000+ working across 100 countries, we harness insights, commercial and scientific depth, and executional expertise to empower clients to achieve some of their most important goals:
Improving clinical, scientific and commercial results. Realising the full potential of innovations, and, ultimately, building solutions for our clients to take healthcare forward. A career with IQVIA connects you to a great opportunity to achieve professional success and impact healthcare around the world.
At IQVIA, you'll have training and development to plan and progress your career in the direction you choose; we do not believe in a 'career ceiling.'
Do you want to transform Clinical Development?
IQVIA is developing new ways to move clinical trials forward! This is a great moment to join us!
Are you interested in starting your career in the clinical research field within a multinational company?
We are currently looking for an Apprenticeship to join our clinical team. As an Apprentice with IQVIA, you will have the possibility to deepen your knowledge of clinical research as part of one of the biggest CROs in the world.
Under the direction and supervision of a line manager and/or other designated clinical team members, you will have the possibility to gain a complete overview of clinical roles such as CRA, Clinical Trial Assistant, Project Management and Regulatory and Start Up.
During your apprenticeship within IQVIA, you will have the possibility to:
- Be trained in clinical research world and IQVIA's methodology
- Be familiar with preparation, handling and distribution of Clinical
Trial Supplies and maintenance of tracking information.
- Collaborate on projects related to CRA activities, deepen your knowledge in the type of activities that CRA usually deals with (internal data record systems, interaction with sites etc.)
- Assist IQVIA's professionals (CRAs and RSUs) in accurately updating and maintaining clinical systems that track site compliance and performance within project timelines
- Collaborate in the preparation site regulatory documents, reviewing for completeness and accuracy
- Be responsible for providing support to clinical projects under the direction and supervision of line manager and/or other designated clinical team members
What we offer:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Career and development opportunities - we are the leader CRO, opportunities are here!
- Exposure to international studies in different therapeutic areas
- IQVIA Laptop and all necessary office equipment!
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will be studying towards the Level 6 Clinical Trials Specialist apprenticeship standard
- Alongside the apprenticeship, you will also gain a BSc (Hons) Applied Bioscience or BSc (Hons) Applied Bioscience with Clinical Research Operations
- This programme is offered through a blended delivery model. The course content is delivered online with 5-day residential Summer Schools held at the Canterbury campus. These occur twice during the programme
- Future career progression opportunities: clinical roles such as Clinical Research Associate, Clinical Trial Assistant, Project Manager and Regulatory & Start Up Specialist
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Team working, Interpersonal skills, Work flexibly, Data accuracy, Microsoft Office Skills, Team player, Able to work renmotely, Problem solver Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C) Essential
A Level or equivalent Biology or Chemistry (Grade C) Essential