What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Provide hands-on support to business users throughout the lifecycle of manufacturing business systems from initiation to BAU (Business as Usual), maintaining system up-time
- Support projects to deploy new manufacturing business systems with relevant IT tasks including system interfaces
- Proactively seek to understand business users' pain points, identify, consult, and implement Proof of Concept of technological solutions that address the pain points
- Implement the agreed Apprenticeship programme with rotational assignments across teams
- Perform any agreed assignment within the skillset
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- You will take part in the Level 6 Digital & Technology Solutions qualification in conjunction with the Open University. This is a degree Level course
- The Level 6 Digital and Technology Solutions (Level 6) qualification will take 36 months to complete
- Once you've completed your Apprenticeship, the types of roles you would look to go into are as a Technical Analyst
- You could also consider studying towards another Apprenticeship, to continue to learn and earn
- Our Apprentices form part of our longer-term resourcing strategy and go on to succeed within their roles
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Any (you will require 3 A levels at BCC) (Grade BCC) Essential