What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Maintaining a safe and clean working environment.
- Assisting design engineers during the valve design process in compliance with company and international standards.
- Creating 3D models and manufacturing drawings using Solidworks.
- Creating design calculations and reports.
- Creating comprehensive test procedures / reports.
- Liaising with customers.
- Preparation of quotes.
- Responsibilities will grow throughout period of apprenticeship.
Level 6 Product Design and Development Engineer Degree Apprenticeship standard.
BEng Mechanical Engineering qualification.
Functional skills if required.
You will be required to attend Sheffield Hallam University 1 day per week.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
Be part of a growing diverse business within the valve industry, involved in both the design and testing of pressure equipment.
Join the team as an apprentice engineer working on a wide-ranging portfolio of exciting projects.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills Qualifications
A Level or equivalent must include Maths (Grade BBC) Essential Things to consider
SHU Progress provides support for applicants whose personal circumstances might mean that there are barriers to going to university. For more information on the scheme, including how to join, please visit the website: www.shu.ac.uk/SHUprogress