What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Support and maintain "Product Information Management (PIM)", engaging with supply chain resource up to date and complaint data.
- Update website(s) whilst complying to the minimum requirements of CCPI, as amended from time to time.
- Respond to technical enquiries to generate and support sales orders and specification requirements.
- Identifying abnormal risks and opportunities, relating to sales risks or opportunities, communicating and escalating as appropriate and expediting problem resolution.
- Ensure compliance at all times, in line within the standards and regulations.
- Adhere to Health and Safety regulations at all times.
- Improve efficiency and safety, and diagnose and resolve problems.
- Provide technical support and increase client satisfaction at all times.
- Provide input and suggestions for technical department improvements.
- Keep department records and administration up to date.
- Other activities and/or dept objectives as required.
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Level 6 - BSc Degree in Construction Engineering Management
- Ability to become Tchnical Product expert or Technical Sales manager.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative Qualifications
A Level or equivalent STEM subjects (Grade A - C) Essential Things to consider
This role will involve visiting customer construction sites and may involve lifting heavy objects from time to time and working at height (following full health and safety and harness training).