What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Assisting with the initial review of customer requirements and feeding engineering related data into formal costings for complex and high value projects.
- Assisting with the design, development and qualification of complex and high integrity electronic products for aerospace and defence customers
- Ensuring all requirements have been completely satisfied by the RDDS product design and verifying and validating compliance before delivery to the customer.
- Supporting our customers with integration into platforms and wider systems.
- On the job training will be provided by RDDS' engineering wider teams.
- Formal training to degree level is intended to be carried out by the University of Greenwich, on a day release basis, at their Medway campus
Embedded electronic systems design and development engineer (degree) Level 6What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
This is expecetd to be a permanent position with employment as a qualified and experienced design engineer continuing after completion of the formal apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental Qualifications
A Level or equivalent Science / Engineering Based Subject (Grade A*-C) Essential Things to consider
Due to the nature of our business, employment will be subject to security clearance approval