What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Undertaking budget monitoring to ensure that significant financial variations are identified and challenged with Service Managers, identifying potential solutions, assessing their impact on budget forecasts, and supporting their implementation
- Complete detailed financial analysis, investigations and appraisals on business case proposals and the impact on changes of Government and Council policies
- Assist with and prepare reports, business cases, financial challenge documents and project documentation
- Develop innovative approaches to financial management and governance
- Encourage Service Managers to consider different ways of delivering services, to initiate research and bring forward proposals
- Providing training on financial issues to budget managers and other Council staff
- Supporting the Council to have strong arrangements in place for funding and cash-management
You will be on a career graded post and study Level 7 Accountancy and Taxation.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
The successful candidate will have achieved their level 7 Accountancy and Taxation level 7 qualification.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4/C or equivalent) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade C) Desired Things to consider
This post would be of particular interest to those who have completed an Accountancy degree.