What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Testing software for errors and deviation from specification.
- Design, develop, implement and document test scenarios.
- Document test plans.
- Use of Selenium web browser automation suite.
- Writing and managing SOAP UI test scripts.
- Building test scripts for automation.
- Logging bugs (errors, faults and deviation from specification)
- Working with the product team to improve user experience security and stability.
- Make recommendations to improve Quality Assurance.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives the learner accreditation as a Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended.
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations.
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices.
- Document and report test results.
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner.
The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Able to understand technical documentation. Able to communicate clearly and concisely. Able to produce accurate and clear reports.