What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Act as the first line of communication between the business users and all technology teams, ensuring timely allocation and completion of cases
- Manage incidents and requests effectively via the Service Desk Ensure internal service support queues are managed according to agreed procedures and SLAs
- Triage and assign tickets/cases that do require escalation to technology teams. Monitor to conclusion in consultation with the relevant team
- Monitor all incoming tickets/cases for agreed solutions
- Resolution of tickets/cases that do not require development effort from other teams or vendors
- Provide updates to the wider team during regular stand ups including summary of new cases and potential SLA breaches
- Work closely with the technology teams to prioritise incoming cases appropriately and to provide case feedback where relevant
- Create and update knowledge base articles for known issues, support requests, and system admin tasks
- Train and support staff in the use of business applications
- Support larger development projects being undertaken as required, including design, build and test
- Proactively develop own knowledge of business systems
- Work with stakeholders and vendors to trial and implement system enhancements
- Assist with the service transition of new products and functionality
- Applications support lead Level 4 Apprenticeship Standard
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with LearnTech, delivered through combined weekly remote classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning working towards completing the Applications Support Lead standard.
The training covers the following core occupational duties:
https://www.instituteforapprenticeships.org/apprenticeship-standards/applications-support-lead-v1-0What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
During this apprenticeship, you will follow a fully supported training programme with LearnTech, delivered through combined classroom-based training, workplace assessment/training and online learning, at the end of which you will be qualified to work as an Applications Support Lead
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, the right candidate could progress in the business
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Microsoft Office, Proactive approach, Time management, Willing to learn Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 4 (C)) Essential
A Level or equivalent Computer Science/ICT (Grade A-C) Desired
BTEC or equivalent Computer Science/ICT (Grade Merit) Desired Things to consider
You must meet the following eligibility criteria to apply for the role: have been a UK/EEA resident for the last 3 years, hold valid residency status, have the right to work in the UK.