What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Coaching a range of extra-curricular activities before school, lunch times and after school
- Working alongside head coaches at holiday camps during half terms
- Supporting / assisting curriculum P.E. and fitness
- Programmes delivered by Senior Coaches
- Attending apprenticeship masterclasses with a Train with Premier Tutor
- Completing coursework to submit to Train with Premier Tutor for marking
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- The program will consist of online learning, webinars, practical workshops and workplace visits from a tutor
- You will work towards a Level 4 Sports Coach Apprenticeship Standard
- Functional Skills if required
- Full time position on completion
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9) Desired
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/4-9) Desired Things to consider
Having own transport and a full driving licence is desirable as you will be expected to make your way to various locations throughout the working day. To lead sessions within a school environment at the end of your apprenticeship, you will need to be 17 or 18 years of age at the start of your apprenticeship, so you are ready to be deployed as a lead coach, once your training is complete.