What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Part of an agile development team, building enterprise level software using the Microsoft development stack
- To undertake web development and back-end programming
- To remain up to date with new development techniques
- To regularly discuss progress with the Team Leader and Senior Developer as appropriate and communicate with other members of the team effectively
- To manage own day to day project activities ensuring that project deliverables are met
- To report project progress and significant issues as required
- To take part in the regular Project meetings with the whole team.
- To document the tests undertaken to acceptable standards
- To be able to demonstrate professionalism and give a friendly service to customers
- Support major clients via Ticketing system
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development
- Apply security best practice to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost
- Implement accurate and effective change control
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with appropriate levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues
- Apply suitable 'bug fixes' based on severity and priority
- The role offers long term security and the opportunity to progress into a permanent position
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
ESSENTIAL SKILLS Have a genuine interest in programming. Effective communication skills.