What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Collaborate with experienced DevOps engineers to assist in designing and implementing efficient and scalable infrastructure solutions.
- Gain practical experience in deploying and managing applications and services on cloud platforms such as AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud.
- Learn to automate and streamline deployment, configuration, and monitoring processes to improve efficiency and reliability.
- Participate in troubleshooting and resolving technical issues in production environments to ensure high availability and performance.
- Contribute to the continuous improvement of development and deployment practices through research and adoption of new tools and technologies.
- Work closely with cross-functional teams, including developers and system administrators, to support and enhance our web hosting services.
- Learn and adhere to security best practices to ensure the integrity and confidentiality of our infrastructure and customer data.
- Receive guidance and mentorship from experienced DevOps engineers, actively seeking opportunities to learn and grow your skills in DevOps engineering.
- Embrace a culture of continuous learning, staying updated on the latest industry trends and advancements in DevOps methodologies and technologies.
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 DevOps Engineer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Write scripts and coding to meet your business' needs.
- Develop and deploy software and cloud infrastructure.
- Build and operate a Continuous Integration (CI) capability.
- Implement and improve release automation and orchestration.
- Use security tools and techniques for software development.
- Evolve and define IT architecture.
- Follow test driven development and ensure appropriate coverage.
The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Understanding of Linux/Unix, Scripting language, Knowledge of cloud platforms, Version control systems, Trouble shooting skills, Collaboration abilities, Eager to learn, Passion for technology, Strong work ethic, Time management skills, Ability to work independently Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Knowledge of cloud platforms like AWS, Azure, or Google Cloud. Understanding of containerisation technologies like Docker and container orchestration platforms such as Kubernetes.