What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Create and execute test cases that fit defined functional requirements
- Manage test suites, ensuring traceability and reproducibility.
- Diagnose and troubleshoot faults reported by clients to establish incident Priority
- Maintain relevant documentation
- Communicate with developers and stakeholders to ensure complete testing coverage and progress to clients
- Stay current with new testing tools and technologies
- Participate in team ceremonies
Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology, so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
Throughout the apprenticeship learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience.
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Tester, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Ensure that the software used within your business operates as intended
- Design and prepare test plans and conduct software testing as appropriate to ensure your software is fit for purpose
- Collect and interpret the results of testing and make appropriate recommendations
- Understand the software lifecycle and apply software development practices
- Document and report test results
- Store, manage and share test data in a secure manner
- The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Analytical skills, A detail-oriented mindset, Written communication skills, Willingness to learn, Time management skills, Proactive Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Experience working on multiple projects concurrently - preferred.