St Andrews University are proud to be one of Scotland’s top Universities, understanding the importance of education and development of young people they have been hiring apprentices since 2012. Providing a supportive learning environment, this organisation has hired over 33 apprentices to date.
- Salary - £11,904.80 per annum, salary increasing to £14,881 in year 2
- Working hours - Monday - Friday, 36.25 hours per week
- The opportunity to work for an organisation passionate about developing young people
Interested? Apply Today!
Through a period of apprenticeship and training, learn & develop the necessary skills, expertise and experience to provide assistance to the members of the IT/AV teams and ultimately be able to fully perform the role of IT/AV Support Technician.
Under the supervision and direction of the Desktop Operations Supervisor and other members of the IT/AV teams, develop a full understanding and an ability to perform the key tasks and responsibilities of an IT/AV Support Technician by:
- Learning how to monitor the IT Service Management system for new incidents and service requests, processing based on priority and urgency.
- Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of 2nd line support of a wide range of desktop, laptop, mobile, printing, audio-visual, media and telephony technologies as well as standard software applications and corporate systems and services.
- Learning how to and assisting others in the provision of technical support for internal & external events and specialist teaching facilities.
- Helping others to efficiently and effectively resolve various IT/AV incidents and service requests e.g. hardware /software queries and AV faults in teaching spaces.
- Learning how to and assisting others to provide remote and in-person 2nd line support for IT/AV equipment and multimedia technologies in Learning and Teaching spaces, with a focus on a fast, efficient resolution.
- Learning how to promptly & appropriately escalate complex incidents which cannot be resolved to other team members and/or 3rd line support teams.
- Assisting in the provision of routine maintenance for all IT and AV equipment in Learning & Teaching spaces.
- Learning how to build, image and configure various PC and Mac hardware devices.
- Assisting in the support of effective delivery of client operating systems and various software applications for students and staff.
- Becoming familiar with and when required, participating in operational activities relating to the refresh of staff and student PCs and audio-visual technology.
- Learning how to ensure service and operational level agreements, service standards and agreed customer satisfaction levels are achieved by promptly dealing with IT/AV incidents and service requests.
- Helping to maintain a high degree of customer service for all support incidents & service requests and adhere to best practice IT Service Management principles.
- Learning how to contribute to procedural documentation to assist the Service Desk team with effective and efficient resolution of common incidents.
- By Liaising, communicating and collaborating with other colleagues within IT Services, learn how to and assist in providing a seamless customer journey.
- Maintaining a personal development programme as agreed with line manager.
- Good communication skills
- Understand and know how to deliver a good customer service
- An interest and enthusiasm for IT
“QA’s apprenticeship programmes may be funded in part by the European Union through the European Social Fund, which supports the development of employment opportunities and a skilled workforce.”
For more information about QA Apprenticeships, please visit our website. Note: This advert may close early if a suitable candidate is found before the advertised close date is reached.