** Due to the nature of this role, the successful applicant must be over-18 **
You will be responsible for the delivery of care and support to vulnerable people within a community-based setting.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will be:
Care and Support
- At all times practice the policies and procedures of the Avocet Trust.
- Undertake the role of Key Worker to clients and coordinating and updating clients care plans.
- Maintain effective communications and liaison as appropriate with families, friends and the relatives of clients.
- Administer or supervise the administration of medication and complete all household tasks.
- Report any condition that causes concern in relation to the physical and/or mental well-being of a client to the senior person on duty.
- Ensure that all clients are able to undertake their own personal choices in matters relating to their support and personal development.
- Ensure that all day-to-day activities and planned client holidays are achieved.
- Ensure that clients receive options of good quality nutritional meals of their choice each day.
- Participate in staff meetings and seek support and advice from senior staff as appropriate.
- Report any complaints (by staff, person supported and/or their family, or staff from other agencies) to the senior person on duty.
- Maintain an awareness of Health and Safety legislation and ensure that personal safety of clients, visitors and work colleagues is assured.
- Maintain up to date knowledge of the Fire Procedures and participate in the fire drills as required.
- Report and record all accidents and untoward incidents as per Avocets policies and procedures.
- Ensure the safekeeping of client`s property and finances.
- Ensure all administrative and financial procedures of Avocet Trust are adhered to.
- Ensure the effective utilisation of resources and equipment within the service.
- Immediately report any financial discrepancies to the Service Manager regarding the management of client`s monies and petty cash.
Benefits to working for Avocet Trust:
- Wage: £10 per hour
- Holidays: 28 Days including bank holidays
- On-site parking