Healthcare Assistants (HCAs) with Crocus Care Ltd work in a residential care setting working alongside senior staff and management. Typical duties include observing, monitoring and recording patients' conditions by taking temperatures, pulse, respirations and weight. Communicating with patients, relatives and carers. Assisting with clinical duties. Providing personal care including infection prevention and control, food, personal hygiene and overall reassurance, comfort and safety. Promoting positive mental/physical/nutritional health. We provide ongoing training as well as practical experience.
Work within a team to achieve a holistic approach in delivering high quality standards of care to each individual resident with the aim of offering each individual person a high quality of life and ensuring they feel valued and respected for the wonderful person they are.
Your day-to-day responsibilities will include, but not be limited to:
- To carry out you’re duties in a competent and efficient manner ensuring the welfare and well being of others.
- Care for the each individual person, meeting their needs throughout their stay at the home and including terminal care as required.
- To assist residents with their personal care needs which includes; helping the resident to get in/out of bed, washing and dressing, bathing/bed bath or shower, foot/nail/hair care, oral/denture care, helping a resident to shave, helping the resident use a toilet/commode/urinal, making/changing beds, ensuring all bedrooms are left clean and tidy, ensuring that residents have all the toiletries they require.
- Helping and providing residents with individual mental, emotional, social and physical activities and needs. These involve talking to them, reading to them, assisting them with communication as required, writing on their behalf, assisting with their hobbies/recreational activities and taking them out on day trips.
- Assist with serving of meals, drinks, and any other domestic duties.
- To ensure all visitors to the home are greeted promptly, courteously, offered refreshments and reminded to sign in the visitor’s book.
- To assist the Care Manager and Senior care Assistance in ensuring the home is clean, tidy, and comfortable for all residents, families and visitors.
- To be on standby to answer the call bells, telephone, and front door.
- To attend/ take part in staff meetings and all compulsory training along with any other internal and external training the Care Manager deem you require.
- Ensuring care notes and any other form of written reports that affects your work are read and kept up to date.
Crocus Care will also provide you with the following whilst on duty:
- Free uniform for employees
- Meals whilst on duty