We are searching for a kind, reliable individual that can work with children and enjoy their time at work. We want individuals that really love working with children, and have passion and drive during the day to support their team members, and to also contribute to children's learning.
Key Tasks and Responsibilities:
- Deliver the highest care and education standards and ensure secure knowledge and understanding of Policies and Procedures and child development and knowledge of EYFS.
- Ensuring internal policies and procedures and legislation from governing bodies are adhered to and demonstrate your knowledge through high standards of practice.
- Demonstrate effective written and verbal communication parent’s professionals and colleagues.
- Ensure Keeping Everyone Safe policies and procedures and continuously and demonstrate behaviours that underpin a high performing safety culture.
- Working as part of the team to ensure all essential day to day tasks are completed in line with the demands of the area you are working within ie. Hygiene standards and room preparation.
- Understand the referral processes when necessary to engage with professionals to support a child referral.
- Attend staff meetings and training to ensure a continuation of personal professional development to ensure your knowledge and skills are up to date, full, and relevant to the role of Nursery Assistant.
- Promote and follow guidelines implemented for managing behaviour including and supporting children to manage their own feelings.
- You have the responsibility to ensure the children you care for are fully supervised and remain safe and well and you lead by example and drive the culture of Safeguarding Children.
- Providing strong clear communication and partnership with your team members to ensure you are meeting the needs of all of the children within your care.
- Demonstrate a clear understanding of efficient staff deployment and child supervision in line policies and procedures and with regulatory standards.
- Supervise and support in the preparation of meal times in line with policies and procedures to ensure high supervision of children is maintained at all times.
- Risk assessing all areas a child can access to ensure all areas of the nursery are safe for children and remove any risks identified. Lead by example in daily tasks of keeping children safe ie. picking up coats, sweeping sand from the floor.
- Undertake suitable professional development activities and opportunities for personal growth within a culture of self-driven development and expertise in all aspects of nursery development and learning, to maintain a highly effective, motivation and an innovative team member with perspectives of ‘best practice’.
- Delivery of highest quality Early Childhood practice and experiences for all children in the setting, including those with Special Educational Needs and/or Disability.
- Fulfil their roles, responsibilities and legislation duty in relation to safeguarding children by ensure that they have read understood and implement the Safeguarding Policies and Procedures.
- Ensure that they have completed Child Protection training every two years as set out in the Child Protection Policy and that this training impacts on their ability to safeguard the children in their care
- Highly motivated and driven, meeting deadlines for children’s record keeping and assessments
- Completing accurate and effective assessments, which reflect the needs, interests and stages of development of the child by effective delivery of the key person approach.
- Undertake regular 121 meetings with families’ colleagues and professionals to ensure children within your key person group are meeting their milestones for personal development. To provide support for your colleagues within the nursery and across the broader business when required.
- Ensure daily cleaning schedule is adhered to, and the rooms are kept hygienic, clean and maintained.
- Attendance at staff meetings and training sessions to ensure continuous professional development.
Work is in shifts and can be flexible. Your typical day may look like:
- Full day from 8:00-18:00.
- Arrive by 7:30am to help set up for the day and show teamwork.
- Children arrive at 8:00. Serve breakfast.
- Activities / outings in the morning.
- Light activity (yoga, story time before sleep).
- Sleep time (older children that do not sleep will engage in activities)
- Tea after children wake up
- Activity / outings
- Home time for children at 17:45