What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- You will join a team responsible for the design and manufacture of high-performance hardware acceleration cards using cutting edge technologies. This can include circuit design, PCB design, embedded software, FPGA firmware and production test applications. Assisting in the design, test and implementation of hardware
- During your time as an apprentice within the R&D division you will work across hardware, manufacturing and production teams to develop a comprehensive understanding of the design, creation and development process
- You will be expected to collaborate with other teams to discuss projects, tasks and assess results to help develop solutions to the issues identified
- You will get real, hands-on experience on a vast range of products that use the latest technologies
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- BEng (Hons) Embedded Electronic Systems Design and Development Engineer (Apprenticeship)
- Southampton Solent University
- Day release during term time 1 day per week
- Electronics Engineer
- Hardware Engineer
- PCB Designer
- Manufacturing Engineer
- SMT Engineer
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Team working, Flexible and Adaptable, Basic electronics knowledge, Dextrous Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent 5 GCSEs Inc Maths, English and Science (Grade Grade C / Level 5 or above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Relevant Subjects (Grade Any) Essential
BTEC or equivalent Relevant Subjects (Grade Any) Essential Things to consider
Able to travel to Blandford, Dorset on a daily basis. Must be willing and eligible to undertake Security Clearance. Resident in the UK for at least the last 5 years. Able to work in the UK unrestricted