What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Financial Accounting Apprentices are expected to perform analysis and interpret data to provide assurance to senior managers over the validity of the data. Apprentices will gather supporting information and query data in line with accounting standards and suggest solutions to decision makers. They will ensure data is clear and supportive and can be used as evidence for audit purposes.
- Management Accounting Apprentices are responsible for key month end activities, ensuring accuracy and providing insight, which support the team to produce financial reports.
- Financial Services Apprentices will manage delivery of key financial task including procure-to-pay process, treasury management, customer management and monitor continuation of service. They will become experts in specific end-to-end processes which underpin the movement of resource around the Organisation. They will review non-compliance and monitoring performance, ensuring that financial procedures are fully documented, up to date and followed.
- System Accounting Apprentices will manage the financial systems controls and user support processes. They will become an expert in specific end-to-end processes, offering guidance to others. They will ensure that financial systems procedures and processes are fully documented. They will support the development of financial systems including identifying requirements for external suppliers.
- Governance and Performance Apprentices are expected to support those with financial responsibilities in understanding their obligations to good governance and public finance. They will ensure policies are procedures are maintained and are understandable by stakeholders and act as a contact and co-ordination point for assurance actions.
At the end of the apprenticeship, apprentices will be studying towards a level 7 Accountancy or Taxation Professional.
You will complete training for 20% of your time, including from an apprenticeship training provider.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
There will be potential to progress within the team after the apprenticeship.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Problem solving skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Team working, Initiative Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade A*-C/4-9) Essential
Other Level 4 Accounting Qualification (AAT, ACCA, CIMA) (Grade Pass) Essential