What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Design and develop bespoke, responsive websites tailored to our specific requirements ensuring good UI/UX
- Analyse website performance, understand analytics and suggest data-driven improvements to web pages. Use of SEMrush GA & Hotjar
- Be able to redesign web pages to ensure user interaction is optimised
- Collaborate effectively with key stakeholders to ensure a consistent and high-quality output
- Utilise industry-standard design software, such as Adobe Photoshop and Illustrator
- Attend training sessions and workshops to continually expand your skills and knowledge
- Stay current with the latest trends, best practices, and principles of good design in the web design field
- Work on backend web applications to ensure operational software is maintained and modifications made to ensure good UI and UX
- Estio apprenticeship training programmes are delivered virtually by our fully qualified and industry-experienced training team. Using their expert knowledge, we've purposefully built our programmes around the real-world use of modern technology so that the skills we create can be directly applied in the workplace.
- Throughout the apprenticeship, learners receive coaching, help and guidance from a dedicated team who are there to ensure they get the most from their work experience
Successful completion of this apprenticeship gives you an accredited Level 4 Software Developer, with training in how to:
What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Create logical and maintainable codes for software development
- Apply security best practices to the software solution throughout the software development life cycle
- Apply appropriate recovery techniques to ensure the software solution being developed is not lost
- Implement accurate and effective change control
- Undertake unit testing of solutions, with levels of test code coverage, to identify and resolve issues
- Apply suitable 'bug fixes' based on severity and priority
- The role offers a permanent role upon completion of the apprenticeship depending on performance
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential
GCSE or equivalent maths (Grade A*-C/9-4 or equivalent) Essential Things to consider
Ability to develop immediate credibility with all levels of staff and acquire an in-depth understanding of the business. Ability to convey decisions and requirements succinctly and appropriately. Diplomatic but with assertive conflict-resolution and problem-solving skills. Confident in managing multiple tasks and tight deadlines.