Join Bristol Ambulance EMS on our Emergency Care Assistant (ECA) Apprenticeship, based at one of our Ambulance stations across the South West of England. Please note: Initial training will be delivered at our Bristol base. Starting date for initial training block, 31st July 2023.
ECA's are part of a double crewed ambulance, usually working with a Paramedic on a frontline emergency ambulance or another ECA on Urgent Care, responding to all types of 999 and emergency calls.
**Post will close early if a high volume of applications are recieved**Main duties of the job
You will be trained in all aspects of urgent and emergency patient care, as well as advanced driving skills allowing you to respond safely using blue lights and sirens.
This is an extremely rewarding but at times demanding role, with shifts that mean working mixed rotas (average 40 hours a week) that cover 24 hours, 7 days a week.
Duration: (of Apprenticeship, leading to a contracted position)
- 12 Months: 6 weeks initial classroom (plus 2 additional return weeks)
- 4 weeks emergency Driver Training
- Salary increase to £25,500pa once qualified
- Once complete you will be awarded a L3 Diploma in Ambulance Emergency and Urgent Care Support, L3 Certificate in Emergency Response Driving
- Level 2 functional skills (if not already achieved)
- Salaried position throughout the apprenticeship
- Working to at least a level 1 in functional skills maths and english
- Passion to deliver outstanding patient care
- Flexible with working hours, shifts patterns (24/7 cover)
- Clean driving licence held for a minimum of 1 year.
- At least 18 years of age
Bristol Ambulance EMS, founded in the 1970's. We are operational from Swindon, Wiltshire and as far South as Falmouth Cornwall.
BAEMS are trusted, reliable and expert in providing a patient-centred independent ambulance service for both the NHS and Private Health Care providers as well as well as private, individual patient transport.Date posted
05 May 2023Pay scheme
£23,000 a year Overtime available at time and half Contract
2 yearsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
Falmouth Community Hospital