Job summarySalary: £22,477-28,407 whilst training (Please read the Trainee Progression document)
We are excited to offer an excellent opportunity for a highly motivated and enthusiastic individual to join us as a Trainee Internal Auditor. In this challenging and varied role, you will have the opportunity to contribute to the success of an organisation that values its team members, is committed to sustainable and ethical business practices and provides an award-winning service to NHS clients.
We are looking for talented individuals with strong communication skills, the ability to deliver quality services to our clients and who are comfortable working on their own initiative but also as part of a wider team.
You will be joining an award winning, innovative, and inclusive team that encourages listening, understanding and respect and are passionate about providing quality services to the NHS.
We offer:o Remote working (with visits to client sites as required) - Your base will either be York or Wakefield o Excellent, flexible working conditionso Additional benefits eg. generous annual leave; pension scheme; and NHS discountso Complex, varied, and meaningful assignmentso Continuous professional developmento Long-term career opportunityo A friendly and supportive working environment
Note: To qualify for funding, the candidate needs to have been ordinarily resident in the UK for 3 years. Further details can be found on the Department for Education website.Main duties of the job
Audit Yorkshire is an NHS shared services consortium with a reputation for providing high quality and innovative assurance, advisory and continuous improvement services to primarily NHS clients (www.audityorkshire.nhs.uk)
We have extensive knowledge and experience of a variety of NHS organisations, and use this extensive experience to provide an innovative and cost-effective service to clients that is adaptive to the many challenges and changes they face. We aim to be a catalyst for a good corporate governance culture.
As a Trainee Internal Auditor you will be given support to undertake high quality risk-based audits, in a manner which reflects professional, and internal standards.
Your success in this role will be determined by your ability to:
- develop and maintain professional, positive, and constructive working relationships at all levels in client organisations, and with colleagues
- prioritise and manage your own workload to deliver high quality audits on time and to budget
- monitor and communicate progress against plans, and to demonstrate flexibility in project completion
- handle confidential/ complex/ contentious information with professionalism and integrity
- achieve a professional qualification to a masters level
We value independence with integrity, customer satisfaction and excellence. These values support our mission to enhance and protect the organisational value of our clients by providing risk-based and objective assurance, advice and insight.
Corporate social responsibility is important to Audit Yorkshire and we are committed to ensuring we have both ethical and sustainable business practises. We encourage our team members to be actively involved in CSR projects and offer dedicated time for this. Our Corporate Social Responsibility statement and further information can be found here: www.audityorkshire.nhs.uk
As we are hosted by York and Scarborough Teaching Hospitals NHS Foundation Trust, we can offer a range of benefits, including:
- Access to the NHS Pension Scheme, providing generous benefits upon retirement, as well as a lump sum and pension for dependants
- 27 days holiday rising to 33 days (depending on NHS Trust service)
- A variety of different types of paid and unpaid leave covering emergency and planned leave
- Confidential advice and support on personal, work, family and relationship issues, 24/7, from our Employee Assistance Programme
- NHS Car Lease scheme and Cycle to Work scheme
- An extensive range of learning and development opportunities
- Discounts on restaurants, getaways, shopping, motoring, cinema and finance from a range of providers
For further information on the fantastic range of benefits we offer please visit the Trust's dedicated Staff Benefits pages.Date posted
16 May 2023Pay scheme
Agenda for changeBand
£28,407 to £42,618 a year See Trainee Progression document for information on salary Contract
3 yearsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
York or Wakefield
York / Wakefield
Nhs Wakefield C C G