Job summaryBetsi Cadwaladr University Health Board Apprentice Medical Engineering Technician based at the Glan Clwyd Hospital. Apprenticeship: 28 months (Until October 2025)
We are recruiting an apprentice Medical Engineering Technician based at the Glan Clwyd, Rhyl. If you have the drive to;
- Help maintain, calibrate and repair medical equipment within the Health Board?
- Work hard to unlock your potential?
- Would you love to be in a job where you are hands on and making a difference?
- Would you like to learn and earn?
If you have answered yes to all these questions, then this could be the role for you!
The Medical Engineering (EBME) Team support all users of medical equipment in the acute and community hospitals within the Health Board, ensuring that equipment is always safe for use and that it performs as expected, maintaining the safety of both the users and our patients.
With training and development as an apprentice you will provided a routine
technical support service in relation to a wide range of medical
equipment throughout BCUHB and for other organisations; specifically the repair, calibration, planned maintenance and commissioning of medical equipment. Provide advice and support to users of medical equipment on the function and maintenance of devices.
The ability to speak Welsh is desirable for this post; Welsh and/or English speakers are equally welcome to apply.Main duties of the job
What qualifications will I achieve?
- The work based learning will include the repair, calibration, planned maintenance and commissioning of medical equipment.
- You will assist in the evaluation of maintenance requirements, investigation of incidents and trial of equipment. Requisition spares and materials, accept deliveries of materials and equipment booking them in following set procedures.
- You will have one-day release from work per week during term time to attend college to complete the academic learning requirement of the qualification.
What will I earn?
- Level 3 Apprenticeship
- BTEC Level 3 Diploma in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
- NVQ Level 3 in Electrical/Electronic Engineering
These roles are subject to Annex 21 of the NHS terms and Conditions. What you will earn will increase as you progress through your Apprenticeship. Below is the estimated gross earning;
What are the entry requirements?
- 2023 - 2024 - £19,317
- 2024 - 2025 - £20,697
- You will have a Level 2 Diploma in Engineering or currently working towards a level 2 Diploma in Engineering
- You must be motivated and have a passion for electronic engineering.
- You must be aged 16+ in September 2022.
- You must have lived in the UK/EEA for the last three years.
- You must have a willingness to work hard.
- You must not hold an Engineering Level 3 qualification or higher as you will not be eligible to be funded for a higher level apprentice qualification
If you relish a challenge, have a passion to help others or simply fancy a fresh start, then Betsi Cadwaladr University Health Board (BCUHB) North Wales, has all the right ingredients. The largest health organisation in Wales, providing a full range of primary, community, mental health, acute and elective hospital services for a population of around 700,000, across North Wales . Join our team and get the support you need, in line with our Organisational Values and 'Proud to Lead' competence framework.
Enjoy being part of working with engaged leadership at all levels, and be assured we are committed to promoting equality and diversity, and are proud to welcome applicants under the "Disability Confident Employer" scheme.
Please check your email account regularly. Successful applicants will receive all recruitment related correspondence via the email account registered on the application form.
Applications may be submitted in Welsh. Applications submitted in Welsh will not be treated less favourably than an application submitted in English.Date posted
24 May 2023Pay scheme
Agenda for changeBand
£24,308 to £26,676 a year Annex 21 Band 4 : £19,317.20 - £20,697 Contract
28 monthsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
Glan Clwyd Hospital