UHD are looking to recruit and develop Trainee Nursing Associates
to work within our expanding critical care, trauma, theatre and emergency departments.
Successful applicants will be recruited into a two year
, fully funded apprenticeship programme with Bournemouth and Poole College
leading to a Foundation Degree
and registration as a Nursing Associate
with the Nursing and Midwifery Council.
Across your two-year programme you will undertake theory modules, complemented by a wide range of clinical placements across UHD Hospitals and local community settings. On completion of your apprenticeship and successful registration with the Nursing and Midwifery Council, you will be supported to apply for a permanent Band 4 Registered Nursing Associate role
The ideal candidate will have clinical experience within healthcare, and be able to demonstrate the ability to work in a busy, acute or critical care setting.
Applicants are also required to have the following qualifications:
- English at GCSE Grade C/4 or Functional Skills Level 2
- Maths at GCSE Grade C/4 or Functional Skills Level 2
- Healthcare qualification - Level 3 or above (NVQ, A-Level, T-Level, BTEC)
- Care Certificate
You must have evidence (certificates) of your English and Maths qualifications. This is a national apprenticeship requirement.
You must list your qualifications and how you meet the Person Specification in your application form to enable us to invite you to interview.Main duties of the job
During your training as an apprentice you will work under the supervision and guidance of a registered Nursing Associate or Registered Nurse.
Typical duties of a Trainee Nursing Associate include:
- Deliver high-quality, compassionate care
- Undertake clinical tasks with increasing complexity
- Perform and record clinical observations
- Recognise and escalate the deteriorating patient
- Support patients, service users, families and carers
- Discussing and sharing clinical information with other professionals
- Ensure the privacy, dignity and safety of individuals
- Recognise and escalate safeguarding concerns
- Contribute to effective teamworking
- Undertake medicine administration
- Undertake admission and discharge activities
- Support patients and service users with complex, or life-limiting health conditions and disabilities
- Engage in reflective practice
Please see attached Job Description for further details.About us
As a Trainee Nursing Associate, you will also be supported by a dedicated Student Support Team who will provide focused teaching and simulation based education for you, which will complement your formal training at Bournemouth and Poole College.
We are looking to develop the role of the registered Nursing Associate and are excited to welcome you into our team of the future.
Our values define who we are as #TeamUHD. They underpin everything we do now and in the future. They define how we treat our patients, visitors, and each other, our valued team mates and colleagues.
UHD are investing in services across the Trust, with many being transformed and developed following merger and the New Hospital Programme.
In some cases this means that a services may move site this year or next, either temporarily or long term. Recruiting Managers interviewing for this role will be happy to answer any specific questions that you have at interview. Date posted
31 May 2023Pay scheme
Agenda for changeBand
£22,816 to £24,336 a year Contract
2 yearsWorking pattern
Full-time Reference number
University Hospitals Dorset - Cross site
Bournemouth, Christchurch and Poole