Software Developer Apprentice
5 days left
As a Software Developer Apprentice, your job includes:
- Developing software under guidance of a senior software developer
- Maintaining existing software
- Using source control systems
- Improving your knowledge and capabilities by progressing through the apprenticeship training in a timely manner.
- Time estimation of tasks
Please note: This is an office based position, but occasional travel to customer sites may be required. On rare occasions, out of hours work may be required.Requirements and prospects Desired skills
We're looking for an IT-enthusiast with:
- A desire to become a professional software developer
- Basic knowledge of computers - ability to use word processors, spreadsheets, Windows
You might also have (but don't need):
- Programming experience in any language
- Knowledge of Linux
- A willingness to learn on the job
- A clean driving licence
- Proactivity - Has a ‘can do' rather than ‘won't do' approach
- Teamwork - Connected to the business, communicates openly, shares information and knowledge, networks internally and externally, persuades rather than pushes, involves colleagues, respects colleagues.
- Responsive - Always reacts quickly and with a sense of urgency to requests, issues, emails or other events in a timely and flexible fashion
- Self-motivated - Able to work to agreed timescales without management intervention or pressure, good at working to deadlines and delivering to agreed schedules and targets
- Take Initiative - Prepared to ask questions when something is not understood and assist others when they need support
- A highly flexible and customer orientated approach
- You don't need loads of professional experience in IT. However, you'll need at least five GCSEs (or equivalent) at Grade C or above including Maths, English and IT / Science.