What will the apprentice be doing?
- Involvement in the modernisation of Warehouse Management systems or Transport Management systems across our varied portfolio of customers - here you will learn how to implement and test a new system and how systems connect with each other.
- Project management - you will be taught the skills and be given the ability to play an active part in the project delivery for an IT change project.
- Be part of our innovation and digitalisation agenda - including the implementation and refresh of new software and hardware solutions.
- Help us pave the way to enhance customer and employee experiences and improve operational performance.
- You will have the opportunity to support in the introduction of a digitalisation product in one of our operations, the implementation of Robotic process automation initiatives (RPA) and connecting our sites to digital solutions.
- You will have visibility of how we plan, build, design and implement IT solutions to meet our customer demands and requirements.
- Support a go live - you will get to be involved from the get-go!
- From planning through to getting the product out the door. Giving you exposure of how the operation, functional teams (IT, HR, finance etc) and the customer all work together and truly learn our business.
- Exposure to and support of continuous improvement initiatives within ourBI / data analytical space.
Additional aspects of the role:
You will also get to take on the day-to-day tasks of customer and IT site management, including:
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Maintain and build direct relationships with customers and suppliers.
- Gain IT product knowledge with the potential to become an SME in this field.
- Provide IT support and service management to sites / operations.
- Support business process mapping and continuous improvement initiatives linked closely to the IT Roadmap.
- IT Change management.
- Training and documentation - define the need for and then support the creation and maintenance of required IT documentation and training support.
- Throughout the course of the placement, you will be given the skills, knowledge, and experience to equip you to manage real life situations within a global, lead logistics company.
The Digital and Technology Solutions Professional Degree Apprenticeship blends online learning, face-to-face workshops and on-the-job experience to transform learners into highly skilled tech professionals. The Degree Apprenticeship is available in four specialisms:
- Network Engineer
- Software Engineer
- IT Consultant
- Data Analyst
This programme develops core technical skills, knowledge and behaviours for the development of innovative digital solutions.
Further specialism modules offer opportunities to develop technical areas of relevance to the learners' roles.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
As part of a growing DHL population, you'll receive access to a variety of excellent benefits including:
- 25 days holiday
- Pension scheme
- Medical cover
- Childcare vouchers
- Retail discounts
- Mental health support, and private GP services
As a Graduate your salary and grade increase throughout and you will be included in the annual bonus scheme.
We want graduates to build their careers and fast track into management. Graduates can contribute their ideas to influence the success of our business and be a part of an organization that makes an impact to society as well as to the world of logistics.
After your programme you will transition into the Alumni community to continue the growth of your career.
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Team working Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade 2 / C) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade 2 / C) Essential
Other Computing, Technology or Engineering (Grade Honours degree - 2:2 or above) Essential