What will the apprentice be doing?
What training will the apprentice take and what qualification will the apprentice get at the end?
- Work with fellow SEOs to assist the management team to help steer appropriate spectrum management
- Where necessary undertake enforcement action to resolve interference issues
- SEOs will additionally monitor and proactively investigate improper use of the spectrum, to keep the UK businesses and consumers "on the air"
- Reach a good theoretical understanding of radio engineering matters
- Develop an understanding of legal and case management matters and learn to apply them practically
- Embed within the operational team and develop practical skills including the use of all SEO equipment
- Develop good governance practices, including Health & Safety
You willundertake a fully funded four-year, Level 6 Engineering Apprenticeship at Warwick University in addition to your on-the-job work commitments, as part of the apprenticeship studies you will attend regular block releases at Warwick, with Ofcom providing travel and local accommodation.What is the expected career progression after this apprenticeship?
- Upon successful completion of the apprenticeship, we will support your application to a permanent role at Ofcom
Requirements and prospects Desired skills and personal qualities
Communication skills, IT skills, Attention to detail, Organisation skills, Customer care skills, Problem solving skills, Presentation skills, Administrative skills, Number skills, Analytical skills, Logical, Team working, Creative, Initiative, Non judgemental, Patience, Physical fitness Qualifications
GCSE or equivalent English (Grade Grade C/5 or Above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade C/5 or Above) Essential
GCSE or equivalent Stem Subject (Grade Grade C/5 or Above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Engineering or Stem Subject (Grade Grade B or Above) Essential
A Level or equivalent Maths (Grade Grade B or Above) Essential Things to consider
This role is field based & we welcome applicants from the East London/North Kent area that could regularly commute to our Baldock office. A full driving licence will be required upon completion of the apprenticeship. Additionally this opportunity is not open to applicants who have an undergraduate degree in Electronical Engineering or similar.